PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Teamspeak

dekumpel
24.11.2004, 22:59
Zur Information oder wens Intressiert:

S! everyone

Let me start with an acknowledgement of and apology for the problems since the new orbat went into effect last month. I fully understand your frustrations as well as the frustrations of the players you represent and believe me, I empathize. I appreciate all of your support for this project ans want you to know that I am committed to making TS as easy as possible for the Axis community to get on and use.

Now, I’m happy and relieved to inform you all that the structural part of the new orbat is in place on the on the TS server database and accessible from the web admin interface. In addition, I’ve looked up every officer in the new orbat and updated their accounts on TS with the appropriate permission set to manage the TS accounts of the players in their unit.

You can view all players registered in your unit (korps, division, etc. depending on your rank) from the webinterface located at http://okw.wwiiol.net. From that page click on 'Administration Area' (Big gray button) and login with the same login/password information that you use to login to the TS server itself.

As of this post I have fixed about half of our 2900 users with their new div-korp-branch designations. (The good news is that we don’t have to wipe the entire userbase make everyone reregister as I had mentioned awhile back) Players will show up for officers in 12. Armee, but I still need to finish the accounts in 6. Armee, Luftwaffe, KM, etc. If you are an officer in one of those branches, you may not see all of your players yet. Their accounts still work, but you just cant manage them yet. Please give me a day or two more to get them all ironed out.

Online SA and CA rights
CA rights are not global but granted on a channel-by-channel basis. This cannot be done through the web interface yet. KG and reserve officers may by given CA rights only by a server admin (SA) and only while they are on TS and on their appropriate channel. CA rights allow officers to change the topic, description, and codec (audio quality) of their particular TS channel as well as boot disruptive players from their channel.

We have been able to tweak SA (server admin) rights to the point where we feel comfortable delegating SA ability all the way down to the division level now. If you are a division level officer or above, you should have SA rights the next time you login to TS. Look for the (SA) by your name. This is automatic. SA rights include all the abilities of CA, but also include the ability to:

Move players from any channel to any other channel by dragging and dropping them.
Kick a player from the server.

Needless to say, these new abilities carry responsibility. Abuse of these privileges will ruin them for everyone. Rule of thumb: when in doubt, don’t use them. We don’t want to be perceived as flaunting this power. The WWIIOL TOS still applies as well. However, I feel confident that every single officer here can handle this with no problem.

Roadmap for the rest of 2004
Priorities now are making registration as simple and idiot-proof as possible and introducing more precise management tools for officers.

Here’s the short list.

Make registration process robust so accounts never get lost.

Register and move by squad

Temporary accounts (24 hour, 1 week, 1 campaign, etc)

Auditing tools (who approved who, who deleted who, etc)

Account auto-expiration

As always, constructive input is welcome and appreciated. If you have a problem with your account, please IM, PM, or email me.