PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : X3 - reunion

Vasquez
07.11.2005, 23:14
Englische Version ist draussen. Deutsche ist gold.

Grosses Gejammere in den Foren, weil scheinbar die Hälfte aller versprochenen Features fehlt. Grafik ist, wie zu erwarten war, wieder mal das non-plus-ultra.

Werde die ersten Bugfixes abwarten und es mir dann zulegen.. (erst mal Rechner ausmöbeln hehe).

http://www.egosoft.com/games/x3/screenshots/x3_screen_024.jpg

http://www.egosoft.com/games/x3/screenshots/x3_screen_059.jpg

http://www.egosoft.com/games/x3/screenshots/x3_screen_036.jpg

Tank
08.11.2005, 04:00
werd mir teil 3 auch zulegen, hoffe das ich zeit hab das zu spielen, find alleon von der grafik her schon super

OGGurke
10.11.2005, 00:44
Kommt drauf an, naja eigentlich auch nicht.
Hab ja immer was zu nörgeln, mir lag beim Vorgänger schon nicht das Konzept auf Teufel komm raus Fabriken bauen zu müssen. Will viel leiber Pirat sein.

Tank
10.11.2005, 01:04
mich stören immer die missionen, würde auch lieber frei nach schnauze agieren wollen, will nicht nur mit den Teladis zusammen-hängen

Vasquez
10.11.2005, 20:22
schade, dass viele features nicht reingekommen sind in teil 3.
wie das HQ oder dass man sein schiff verlassen kann. auch die komplett fehlenden cockpits machen mich skeptisch.

Berserk4
20.11.2005, 19:46
ich kan nur sagen die anforderungen der verpackung stimmen mal total nicht , das game kan auf maximal details hardware brauchen die man überhaupt nocht net bekommt da kackt sogar die neue geforce förmlich ab ^^ aber auf minimal details alels runtergeschraubt geht es auch mit den anforderungen

3Ghz , 1GB ram , und einer einigermasen aktuelen grafikkarte (am besten mit 256mb) läuft auf minimal halbwegs flüsig ^^ da geht callofduty2 schon auf mittlerere details besser

Vasquez
30.10.2006, 14:40
So. Nachdem ich ja nun Zeit hatte (Krank geschrieben + kein I-net) hatte ich mal X3 installiert. Ging gut los: DVD war defekt. Zum Glück tauschte PC-Fun ohne zu Mucken um (hatte die Kaufrechnung noch) weil das Problem bekannt war (Fehlpressung bei einer Serie).

Läuft auch auf besten Grafikeinstellungen sehr gut bei mir. Solange es zu keinem grösseren Raumgefecht kommt.. ;) Zockt das noch wer? Grafik ist schon bombastisch. Und nach fast einem Jahr haben die es sogar fast Bugfrei bekommen... fast.

elk
13.11.2006, 10:13
NEWS: X³ 2.0: Die Bala Gi Forschungsmissionen - jetzt herunterladen! (http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=159731)

Vasquez
13.11.2006, 18:06
Ich habe mir heute Darkstar One gekauft Elk. Auch mal antesten =)

Bei X3 habe ich nach 20 Ingame stunden nun einen Träger (Colussus) und ein Schlachtschiff (Titan), rund 40 M4 Jäger und 20 M3 Jäger sowie zwei Korvetten (beide Zentaur).

Möchte mir als nächstes ein Schlachtschiff der Split kaufen aber da reicht der Völkerrang noch nicht ganz.

Bisl langweilig geworden. Haue nun eh alles weg ausser vielleicht in den Khaak und Xenon Sektoren aber da muss man ja eh nicht rein.

elk
15.11.2006, 08:51
So, ist Darkstar One gut?

Vasquez
15.11.2006, 16:28
first impression was bad to be honest. but after a few hours its not bad all I can say. its different. feels like the original elite a lot. grafics can not match x3 of course but the story is great (much better as x3 so far).

spacecombat is thougher what makes it fun.

you could give it a try since it sold at half price now.

lore
15.11.2006, 17:33
sprachverwirrung?

elk
15.11.2006, 18:30
Don't think so Lorenzen, Vas just simply might have thought my german Sierra Uniform Charlie Kilo Sierra :oops: :P :lol:

jentzsch
15.11.2006, 19:07
you mean sucks 8)

that was just for lore :wink:

lore
15.11.2006, 21:03
perkele!!

who would have thought that with you, having a german signature and typing german, need to have an english reply.

Vasquez
16.11.2006, 17:26
Aus dem weg Ihr pack. Seid froh dass wir nicht Finnisch sprechen ;p

elk
16.11.2006, 18:04
:D

Vasquez
04.12.2006, 15:38
I had a weird bug with the new HQ elk.

One of my carriers (the seydlitz ;p) was heaviliy damaged during a huge battle in a xenon sector. After the battle I ordered my carrier to jump back to the HQ (after his fighters docked again) and started to repair the ship.
After the repair was done the carrierslots for the mainguns were bugged. Half of the weapons were all the time unequipped again.

I figured out that this bug does only appear in the sector where my HQ is stationated. Therefore I can live with it (my HQ is in "line of energy" which is pretty save anyway). One the carriers flies or jumps into another sectors the weapons seems fine.

Just to let you know if the same happens to you =)

btw: I bought, "wrecked" and blueprinted the Split Pyton M2 battlecruiser. Nice optics (very large ship) but Iam very dissapointed about the lack of firepower it can carry. Only around 28 slots for mainguns (ok. they can be equipped with gamm PIKs and Flakbatteries but well..).

The Argon Colossus can carry 30 percent more guns with better shields. I thought the Split ship will have more slots especially since it can only equipped with "just" 8x1GJ shields.

Well. I build two of them anyway (since I needed to wreck one ship to get the blueprint). Ill see how they will perform. They are named Gneisenau and Scharnhorst now =)

elk
05.12.2006, 09:44
Thanks for the tip Vas, though it may take a while before I stumble to that problem myself, you see my next task is to earn enough money to build my very 1st factory :shock: :lol: Been playing CoH a lot lately (skirmish/campaign) and it has consumed all the spare time I've reserved for sitting by the puter at home ..... the game sounds are now just awesome after I upgraded my sound card (SB X-Fi Fatal1ty). So I haven't played X3 at all for some time, a part from a quick sound check to test if there was any noticeable difference in performance, and there was. I've been suffering from odd micro stutters (half a sec or so) mainly in those foggy sectors, like the Boron sector Atreus' Clouds. Yes I know there's a "No Fog" script available, but I prefer to keep my X3 as much as possible in a out-of-the-box condition, at least for the time being.

Vasquez
05.12.2006, 12:15
the only reason why I still play X3 a few hours per week are the huge space battles. they are great (unfortunately laggy like hell hehe).

the pitty is that there are no dynamic wars between the main races (argons, paranids, teladis, splits, borons). would be great if there would trigger wars with sectors beeing able to occupy. to declare your private war to one of those races is not very thmospgeric and less entertaining.

and to be honest. to fight the khaak and xenons in their sectors makes no sence. no need to do that and you dont benefitt anyway (besides the fun due to the big battles).

the Xenon invasions are nice. but they trigger only If you wish. this should be fixed and the XIs should be way bigger.

elk
05.12.2006, 12:55
There was a poll about a feature most wanted for X4, if there's ever going to be one (linky) (http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=154508), Factions and Corporations was one option and I presume that would be closest to your idea.

Ai niin, täytyisikö keskustella suomeksi :wink:

elk
08.02.2007, 08:19
For the 1st time I've actually had time to play this game properly, six ship fleet I have now, been keeping the amount of loose cash floating around 1 milj cr. Slowly expanding my empire, have been a pure merchant only, killed a few pirates for reputation purposes only. But I have to start hiring Sector Traders/Universal Traders, manual remote trading seems to take all of my time now. Just finished putting a satellite in every known sector in my game. Anyway, this is getting more and more interesting as I get hang of it, slowly but surely :) I believe it's game day eight (actually it's day five*), I just continued the game I started when I got the box, lots of senseless fooling around, must have missed a lot of profitable business opportunities that exist only in the beginning, but I don't care 8)

[edit] *) checked the game day

Vasquez
08.02.2007, 10:00
sweet =)

nots sure how many ships I have now.

out of my mind: two heavy argon battlecruisers (scharnhorst and gneisenau) 8)

two heavy split battlecruisers (bismarck and tirpitz) 8)

two collussus carriers (graf zeppelin and seydlitz)

this special M7 destroyer (Prinz Eugen)

several corvettes-mostly argon zentaurs (blücher, admiral hipper, admiral scheer etc.etc.)

each of my two carriers carries the maximum of fighters (40 each iirc) - the paranid M3 usually (I build them on my own meanwhile (to fly them by your own isnt very exciting since it has such a small freelaod - but for carrier service its perfekt and my favorite)

Ive also around 30 sector guards (M3+) in service.

but unfortunatelly it makes less sence to move into combat with the full force since it ends as a horrorible diashow if both sides have dozends of cruisers and 100+ fighters in combat in one sector :(
thats one of the biggest weakpoints of X3.

I do it anyway from time to time. of course those battles leasts then several hours but well... nothing can match those space battles. star wars is pipifax compared to that lol

Vasquez
08.02.2007, 10:04
btw: in those battles I move my arse into my fighter as well. thats more fun instead watching the space battle out of the bridge from the tirpitz =)

and to land on a carrier to get new ammo all 20 minutes adds some kewl atmosphere no doubt. :silly:

another tip:

if you ever are ready to invade a xenon sector:

take care of your carriers - even the collossus class with their amount of shields and weapons cant stand in such battles longer than one hour.

you could let them stay away from the combat though but the last time Ive nearly lost one carrier (to repair them took 30 RL hours and took around 20 million cash or somewhat). 20 to 30 xenon fighters breached my fighter coverage and tried to destroy one of my babies :shock:

meanwhile If I invade a xenon sector I let the carriers hyperjump out of the sector after they have unleashed their fighters and let them only jump back to refitt the fighters with new rockets etc. - then jump away agan and so on and so on

elk
08.02.2007, 12:32
Cool names your ships have!

Well I've tried to stay out of the pirate and xenon sectors (have not even mapped them yet) as I'm about to begin ST/UT, so they don't wonder around there and get themselves killed, at least that's the theory. I don't possess the fire power needed to clean them, yet.

Reps with all the races are getting higher with a steady pace, well all except Goner (1% progress LOL).

The satellites are quite handy, but it's quite frustrating that you can't access the satellite best selling price locator from a remote ships point of view, instead it just tells the info in relation to cargo of the current ship, which in most cases quite different. At least in my case as I usually am in a M5 flying criss-cross the known universe "supervising" :lol: .

All and all, it is true what they say, to earn the 1st mil is one of the hardest job to do, without a major frustration that is.

Btw, does your rig experience a hiccup in performance when you enter Ore Belt or Argon Prime?

Vasquez
08.02.2007, 14:36
Ive no performance problems in argon prime or ore belt (or just a bit in ore belt). But Ive really issues in sectors where I have 30+ factories ;)

Regarding xenon sectors: Beware. The first time I invaded with full force a xenon sector I suffered heavy losses and a defeat. I was that overwhelmed by the epic struggle that Ive completely forgotten to monitor my ships etc.

Once I got aware I had already lost my flagship (general wallenstein), three corvettes and around 20 fighters (ok doesnt matter hehe).
The other big ships had also already weak shields.

I was forced to order a immediate jump command to my fleet to leave the sector with all my fighters (without hypersjump) left behind :? (no time to have them docked back to my carriers.

Around 60 of my fighters were still in combat, I could hear them screaming and blaming me once my big ships jumped away hehe :lol: .

The half of them made it out of the sector by their own escaping through the jump gate but the other ones... well. A lot Iron crosses to be awarded afterward.... For the fatherland ;)

Since this defeat I jump into the attacked sector at first, launching all nasty rockets (firestorm etc.) to inflict serious damage, then get in distance with my afterburner and wait for the arrival of my fleet (around 3 minutes delay).

Once they arrive and start the combat I order my reserve-wing to jump into the sector: Gefechtsverband Kuhlmey ;) Atm 12 of those heavy M3+ Schlachtflieger with 125mj shields.
I have them in formation to me equipped with hornisses and other good rockets. We pick enemy crippling cruisers once they have a side by side infight with our cruisers and divebomb the crapp out of them :twisted:

btw: What I really hate is a obviously missed command: For your carriers.
Why the hell is no command to have them all their fighters started at once?
You need to lauch them all one by one via order (makes 80 commands with two carriers) or to order the carrier to attack.
But then it only launch their fighters in waves once the carrier is in battle. That takes 5 minutes until all fighters are in space. Stupid.

elk
08.02.2007, 15:08
Well my rig has some obvious pbs with Argon Prime, hope my new vid card solves some of those. As I'm forced to use AGP vid cards there's not a lot of options available, so I ended up buying a GF7800GS 256Mb. The one it's replacing is GF6800GT 256Mb, the fan of the cooling unit is acting funny, making funny noises and the core temperaru is quite high occationally, but the good news is it's still under warranty (noticed it after having already bought the new one ... oh well lose some win some).

Excellent name for your special group 8)

Talking about factories, check this complex! (http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/5149/complex1wl2.jpg) Yikes, here are the details

Stations: 401
Products:
GPPC (x 110)
AFAA (x 17)
BFAA (x 17)
1 GJ Shields (x 12)
and all supporting factories/asteroids.

Cost: 2.8 billion
Profit per hour: 28 million
Time to build: 7 game days

It's not mine, I took the details from egosoft forum. The owner of this complex saif the fps is around 4 close to it :)

Have you installed the bonus pack? I haven't yet, decided to try the game first with out any scripts.

Vasquez
08.02.2007, 15:20
bonus pack is a MUST. especially if you have more than a handfull factories. you can operate several factories just with ONE!! trader ship.

the moskito-rocket-countermeasures is also very nice (not only for your own fighter also for your big ships later. with this rocket system you can have all batteries focusing on the enemies. no need to have few of them ordered to counter incoming missles. the moskito system handles them. my battleships carries up to 200 moskitos just for that job).

I have two mega komplexes (not that big like your reference but big enough for me - 20 to 30 factories each), and a half dozend smaller komplexes (with three to 6 factories in each). I operates them all with just and only ~12 trader ships (selling, moving stuff from one komplexe to another one, etc.).

I have a self operating economy. Just with a few traders due to the new scripts. Great stuff.

elk
09.02.2007, 08:50
Well guess I have to take a closer look to the contents of the bonus pack then.

Dang, I was wondering why there isn't even a single medium shield factory in the Argon system (or anywhere close to it). I have been looking for 25 MJ shields and all the facilities that list this item, never even have a single for sale. Then I noticed I have a sector (Cloudbase SE) totally unmapped, and there was one :? . This is a fine example why one needs some kind of a plan, preferably along with a written note, on how to progress.

Vasquez
09.02.2007, 11:39
yeah =)
of course I build 25MJ shields on my own. three factories or somewhat.

i use them of course for my carrier based fighters and the overstocking is for sale.

I build all weapons and shields which I need for my fleet. Besides that Iam the weapon and equipment manufacturer no. 1 for the argon military =)

I have also a schnapps and beer complex :shock: (called hacker pschorr werke lol) and a drug complex in the Teladi empire. a lot junkies and pirates there and the argon government dont care since this complex is not in their territory.

Ill write my factories and comlexes down this evening to give you a overview what I have.

Vasquez
09.02.2007, 16:16
Last time I played X3 was on 06. dec. 2006

The Argon Collossus Carrier can carry 60 fighters (40 was wrong).

Anyway here my corrected actuall Forces:

Big Ships:

2x Argon Titan Battlecruisers (Scharnhorst and Gneisenau)
2x Split Battlecruisers (Bismarck and Tirpitz)
2x Collossus Carriers (Graf Zeppelin and Seydlitz)
1x M7 Destroyer (Prinz Eugen)
4x Corvettes: (Blücher, Admiral Hipper, Admiral Scheer, Andreas Hofer)

Fighters:

Carrier Based (Graf Zeppelin)
Jagdgeschwader 1 (12x Argon Buster M4)
Jagdgeschwader 2 (12x Paranid Perseus M3)
Schlachtgeschwader 76 (8x Teladi Falke M3)
Gefechtsverband Posch (9x Mixed Unit)

Carrier Based (Seydlitz)
Jagdgeschwader 3 (10x Argon Buster M4)
Jagdgeschwader 4 (12x Paranid Perseus M3)
Schlachtgeschwader 77 (9x Teladi Falke M3)
Gefechtsverband Bergen (10x Mixed Unit)

Stationed in my HQ (Linie der Energy):
Gefechtsverband Kuhlmey (12x Mixed Unit) with Hyperjump
Schnellkampfgeschwader 101 (8x Argon Nova M3) with Hyperjump
Erprobungsgruppe 200 (8x Captured Xenon L/Xenon LX)

Factories:

Sector: Antigone Memorial

Rüstungswerk III
Mainfactories:
2x Beta PBK
1x Alpha EPW
1x Flakbatterie
2x Projektilkanonen
1x gamma PIK
1x Quantumröhren
1x Mikrochips
1x Comutercomponenten
1x Geschütztumfabrik
Suportfactories:
1x Energy L
1x Energy XL
7x Argnus L
7x Cahoona L
2x Erz L
1x Silizium L
7x Kristall L

Sector: Argon Prime

Rüstungswerk I
Mainfactories:
1x 1MJ Shields
2x 125MJ Shields
1x Moskito Rockets
1x Hummel Rockets
1x Munitionsfabrik

Rüstungswerk II
Mainfactories:
1x Beta ISE
1x Flackgeschütz
1x Beta PS
1x 1GJ Shields
1x Libelle Rocket

Sector: Dunkle Wasser

Rüstungszentrum Süd
Mainfactories:
1x Beta PBK
1x Alpha EPW
1x Flakbatterie
2x Gama PIK
2x Teladianum
Suportfactories:
2x Weizen L
1x Energy XL
3x Ranch L
3x Cahoona L
1x Erz L
1x Silizium L
4x Kristall M

Sector: Herrons Nebel

Rüstungswerk IV
Mainfactories:
1x Alpha PBK
2x Beta EPW
1x Gamma SWG
2x Beta PIK
2x 5MJ Shields
2x 25MJ Shields
1x Hornisse Rockets
Suportfactories:
1x Energy XL
1x Energy L
4x Soyfarm L
4x Soyerei L
2x Erz L
1x Silizium L
5x Kristall M

Sector: Polarstern

Rüstungszentrum Ost
Mainfactories:
1x Flageschütz
1x Flakbatterie
1x 1GJ Shields
3x Mikrochips
Suportfactories:
2x Energy XL
4x Bogas L
4x Bofu L
1x Erz L
2x Silizium L
7x Kristall M

Sector: Zuflucht des Patriachen

Energywerke Nordost
1x Energy XL
1x Erz L
1x Silizium L
3x Chelt L
3x Rastar L
5x Kristall M

Sector: Heimat des Lichts

Hacker Pschorr
4x Raumsprit L
2x Weizen M
3x Weizen L
1x Energy L

Other smaller Complexes (max 4 factories):

Sector Familie Nyj (Teladianum)
Sector Erzgürtel (Erz and Silizium)
Sector Menelaus Grenze (Weizen)
Sector Ringo Mond (Plankton, Weizen and Rheime)
Sector Teladi Profit (Stuff =)

Vasquez
10.02.2007, 18:36
bah. stupid me. Ive figured out how to launch all fighers from a carrier at once. the key is not the carrier, the solution is the jafü hehe
chose one landed ship (the jagdfliegerführer =), open his console and you will find a option "order to all landed ships".

think Ill visit the xenons today to show them some luv again :lol:

elk
11.02.2007, 13:10
Jeez Vas, that fleet and corporate of yours is HUGE :shock: yesterday I started my 1st Sector Trader and am about to start another one .... :oops:

As they say, Empire's Edge seems to be a good place to start a ST, reached lvl 10 in an hour or two and made around 500k cr in the process. But the ship for the next one still remains open, either I'll have to wait a bit longer and buy a bigger one or get a smaller one and start right now. What is in your opinion a good choice as a freighter at this point? A boring Boron Dolphin SF perhaps?

A map provided by the community lists Emperor Mines and Paranid Prime to have a "Special Facility" but I haven't been able to locate any, and I've done a full search to both of the "cubics" in question.

Btw, have you noticed that if you visit a Pirate Base, they may plant a bomb in your ship and it'll explode once you leave the station? This is a 2.0 feature :lol: You have few seconds to locate and eject it. It's listed as "unknown device" in your cargo manifest.

elk
11.02.2007, 13:13
Forgot to mention, changing the vid card seems to have done the trick, no performance hiccups in Argon Prime any more, well at least not so bad.

Vasquez
11.02.2007, 14:12
Jeez Vas, that fleet and corporate of yours is HUGE

all busters and falcons were captured from pirates during the first time in my carrer ;)

regarding transports: I dont like the boron models. to slow and no turrets. if you want to fly one on your own I would prefer a split modell. kinda fast and with backward turret. small loadage of course but well..

60-70% of my transports are argon modells. two or three split and a handfull ships from the paranids (one with 11.200 load).

Ill check my statistics later. Ive expanded statistics about all tranports (remember that all tranport from different "werften" have different loading capability, weapons, speed etc.). even if they have the same name at times.

regarding sector/universums traders. I dont like them. they are to dumb (they try to trade in pirate sectors to often) and get shot down.

I had 10 universe traders at my prime time. now down to four and Ill continue not to replace them. but as long as you dont have a large industry its good to have them. you can help them once under attack and hyperjump on your own to help them.
but meanwhile Iam a arrogant, fat and rich manager and I cant care about single transports... ;) =)

the "handelsvertreter" (with the bonus pack - they have to be attached to your factories or complexes) are way cleverer. if under attack they launch drones (they are buying them on their own) and jump away immediately.

I have 7 handelsvertreter, 4 universe traders, 4 station managers and 5 logistik ships. thanks god for the bonus pack. without the logistiksoftware 1.0 and 2.0 it would need four times more ships to handle my empire.

Vasquez
11.02.2007, 14:20
btw: the "special nividium factory" in paranid prime is cloaked. thats part of the dumb story. later you can uncloak it for story mission purpose. dont care to much yet.

elk
12.02.2007, 08:42
Okie dokie, thx for the info. Btw, my game is a non-plot one, heard that the plot is stupid so I thought I'd skip it.

About to set up my very first factory, a SSP it will be and most likely location is Kingdom's End.

[edit] Saw an Unknown Object flyin in Emperor's Wisdow yesterday for the first time, managed to get a screenshot :D

elk
12.02.2007, 12:04
Found this tidbit of information concerning carriers, or any ship with docks:

Question: Will the ships in the argon mammoths hanger deploy and defend when the mammoth is attacked?

Answer: If they're homebased to the Mammoth, yes.

Not that this is of any use for me in a loooong time, but may become handy to you Vas, but you most likely already knew this

Vasquez
12.02.2007, 18:54
yes of course. if a carrier is getting fire he is launching his fighters. but thats no good idea to drive your carrier into enemies fire range.
besides that a 60 fighter carrying carrier launch only 4 fighter or somewhat if a enemy fighter is firing.
but when moving into xenon or khaak territory you want all fighters launched asap =)

btw. yesterday the graf zeppelin was blown after three minutes in xenon a territory. gna :shock: he was immediately attacked by 6 or 8 enemy heavy fighters. only a couple fighters made it out. weird. maybe they´ve hit my carrier with one of this nasty hammerhai torpedos?

Ive also wrecked the M7 destroyer (my prinz eugen) to be able to blueprint and rebuild it in my dockyard. wrecking leasts 20 hours. now I can rebuild this modell. one ship takes 22 hours to build.

my dockyard can not keep on track with my ship orders. I spend 100 million and bought a nacked cruiser and a corvette in argon prime therefore.

little experience from yesterday: even that I mentioned the split cruiser has weaker shields and less batteries it seems these ships takes far less damage.
obviously their flakbatteries are that effective that enemy fighters cant get in range. Ive them only equipped with four flak batteries in total but when fighters are inbound they are firing a nasty flakperimeter around the cruiser. looks and sounds awesome.
the argon cruiser can just be equipped with flakguns instead batteries.

elk
13.02.2007, 12:10
About my first factory, well I bought one yesterday, but not a SPP. Instead I got a Cahoona Bakery L and placed it in The Wall as there seem to be plenty of resources available for it. Buying the SPP would have caused too big of a blow to my cash reserves at that time. Anyway, this is a better way to train myself into station management as this one needs more baby sitting because there are more resources than just one and in order to maximize the profitssss (teladi influence :P ) I have to arrange the sales as well. By using one Excel-based calculator, it should make 100k cr an hour. Not much but it's a start :) Hmm, actually, using the ComplexCalculator 2.3, 100,500 cr/h, break even 23.26 h, profit per day 2.4 mil cr. Nice tool.

And no, I haven't installed the Bonus Pack yet :lol: but is there something special to take into consideration before/while installing it.

Btw, met the first Kha'ak in my game in Emperor's Wisdom, a scout and a interceptor, both met the wrath of my 4xBIRE of my Disco 8)

Vasquez
13.02.2007, 16:33
you should really install the bonus pack now. yesterday around 15 missles where lauched against me within 2 minutes ;) ( I attacked one of those xenon convoys with my nova - one corvette with several fighters).
god bless the counter measures system =)

very interesting is also the logistik mk2 software. very complicated at first but once you are used to handle it its ok. I have two traders managing alone the overflow and shortage of ressources from all my factories.

btw: against khaak clusters hurrikanes works at best. two of them and the cluster is gone (if timed well. optimal firing range is 3k-5k two missles short after another as soon as the cluster "goes up").

elk
14.02.2007, 09:27
Well I spent yesterday fine tuning the factory by trial and error :D Don't ya worry Vas, I intend to install the BP, but 1st I wanted to know what's it like to manage a factory without it. I thought I coul take care of the situation with only two freighters but finally I had to admit it was a bad idea, factory was idling way too often due to the lack of resources. Anyway game day 6 started and it's finally running on it's own and making profit. But I sure was close to liquidity problems as I had to invest more credits than I thought in a short period of time.

I have an advanced satellite in The Ore Belt, and while I was just checking the overall situation I noticed two Kha'ak Clusters in that sector, close to the outer edge of the satellite scanner range. They were just sitting there doing nothing, but as my only "gunfighter" is a Discoverer (with 4xBIRE) peasooter, there's not much I can do. On the other hand, I could just save the game and test what kind of a hand lady fortune's gonna deal to me 8) One of the advantages of a "offline" game.

I don't know if it's a good idea, but remember that Toucan that is there to be claimed for free? I made it to be a "warehouse", sort of. I transfer all kind of stuff that might come handy on a later date to it. Shields, software, ordnance, guns etc, all kind of wares which I "beg, steal or borrow" and save for a rainy day :D

Vasquez
14.02.2007, 12:26
Until you have a own HQ using a transport as warehouse is a must I agree =)

elk
14.02.2007, 13:58
Another piece of information, which may come handy:

Prior to 2.0.02 there was a risk to lose one of your ships when it was docked at a station that G.O.D. decided to 'remove'.

Q: Do you imply that this has changed in 2.0.02?

A: As of 2.0 the GoD engine no longer removes stations/factories if and when a player-owned ship is docked.

Q: So, theoretically, if you got 1000's of cheap m5s, and put one in every station, no stations would ever be removed by the GoD engine?

A: In theory, yes. Although I don't know if anyone's ever tried it...

This conversation was clipped from <this thread> (http://forum3.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=171141)

Vasquez
14.02.2007, 18:03
Ive found a nice dogfight video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wnx6KcZdrs

but this guy seems to be a bad pilot especially his aiming is ridiculous bad lol

Vasquez
14.02.2007, 18:38
*schind*

wow. this looks awesome (see the link below). Iam scared about some geniuses out there :shock:

this aint just a mod thats nearly a new game. could be my tase. looks like TOTAL WAR :twisted: (but finished yet but nearly as it seems)

http://forum3.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=150638&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Vasquez
14.02.2007, 18:52
*doppelschind*

OMFG check this promo trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJuqJnGTc8o&feature=RecentlyWatched&page=1&t=t&f=b

elk
15.02.2007, 09:39
*schind*

wow. this looks awesome (see the link below). Iam scared about some geniuses out there :shock:

this aint just a mod thats nearly a new game. could be my tase. looks like TOTAL WAR :twisted: (but finished yet but nearly as it seems)

http://forum3.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=150638&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Below is the link to a d/l'able trailer of the mod v0.7, not compatible with X3 v2.0 though. Can't view it here at the office, most likely it's the same as in your youtube link, all in all the mod looks very interesting ... and true that some members of the community are really talented and the time and effort they put into projects like this one amazes me every time. But it's the same thing in every so called open architecture software/game like for example rFactor and MS Flight Simulators.

http://forum3.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=117990

Anyway, good news is that :

In Q1 2007 The Xtended Mod team will release a final update to the X³: Reunion stock Universe under the title

Xtended: Revelations.

Ive found a nice dogfight video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wnx6KcZdrs

but this guy seems to be a bad pilot especially his aiming is ridiculous bad lol

This guy obviously uses keyboard for flying, that's the most likely reason for odd flying and shooting like that.

[edit]

More X-Tended material from YouTube

<X-tended mod M7 Frigate trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-IUZB3PI90)>

<X-tended Military Centaur Teaser (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYDSxat2Rf8)>

And a new site to check out

http://www.thexuniverse.com/

elk
15.02.2007, 10:31
Talking about last night .. no not that stuff :lol: but in my X3 game for the fist time I hit the button labeled *PANIC*

Over a dozen Kha'ak ships entered The Wall while I was mapping Thuruks' Beard in my Split sector expedition. Otherwise not that big of a deal, but my 1st and so far only factory is located there with no protective measures available other than those supported by the Argon Federation. And those Argon military ships were just sitting there doing absolutely nothing. In a bit of a hurry I had to divert all support vehicle traffic entering or leaving that sector to somewhere else, mostly to Argon Prime. As a priority 1 command, one Mercury was ordered to dock with the Lasertower Factory ASAP.

While I was heading back, I ordered 5 lasertowers and loaded to the Merc. Lowered the price for Cahoona Meatstakes in order to get ncp traiders more interested in my products because if the worst case scenario should come true, the amount and the value of the goods in stock would be lower.

The Kha'ak managed to destroy 1 SPP XL, a few freighters (luckily none were mine) before the Argon fleet reacted and sent the invaders to kingdom come.

Ok, as the Kha'ak threat was now gone, time to move the Lasertowers in position. I don't know how effective they in fact are, but with such a short notice, those were the only thing that came to my mind as I don't have the cash to buy fighter ships and arm them.

And I did remember to set the factory as a home base for them. Will be interesting to see if they are of any use.

Btw I tried to engage some six Kha'ak scouts and a fighter in my Disco of which I mentioned earlier, but they handed my butt to me very very rapidly :D

Vasquez
15.02.2007, 17:44
yesterday night I destroyed ALONE (without any ships of my fleet) one xenon cruiser, a carrier and 98 fighters during a xenon invasion rofl (33 million reward).

seems I have to change my ship for more challenge. my nova has a top speed of 432 ;)

btw: what I like is that the xtended dudes wrote that they have dramatically increased the game performance.

elk
16.02.2007, 10:30
Comparing my in game status to yours is like me trying to do the same lap times at <Nordschleife (http://www.nuerburgring.de/)> in my Trabi as you do with your Ferrari, equally "frustrating" :lol: :wink:

Yesterday I claimed my 1st two Pirate Busters in a row (usually pilots just give me the finger and I have to destroy their ships), of those two the other one I got repaired (calculated the total repair cost vs buying a new one) and the other is on it's way to the closest shipyard for sale.

Now a few questions for you, I'm thinking about getting an M4 (M3s are too expensive for me at the moment). What woud be a good one (I already got a Buster) for personal use and with what kind of a armament. And if you have good weapon combos for claiming and fighting, that info would nice.

[edit]

Saw yesterday 6 Pirate Laser Towers in action, they were parked near N gate in Company Pride and attacked every freighter that came through the gate. They put up a nice light show, but are they really useful? Afterwards there was a pile of drones, you know if they are collectable?

Among other new things, I saw a flight of Yakis and they seemed to act like Pirates.

Vasquez
16.02.2007, 18:09
if you want to fly a m4 now and already captured a buster try it.
good choice anyway. as weaponry i cant remember what set-up my first buster had.
if possible (not checked and cant remember) install a mix of lasers (PBKs) and projektilcanons (or are they to big for m4s. not sure yet) to switch to canons once your laserbank is overheated.

after my buster i bought a M3 mamba aufklärer. kinda fast but weak shields (just 1x25mj). I sold it after a few days.
after that I bought a nova aufklärer for my own (also only 2x25mj shields but fast enough and with a backward turret.. essential to counter missles once the moskitos are all gone).
atm I switch between this nova and the argon m3+ eclipse (great ship with firepower almost like a corvette but to slow for my taste lol).

anyway. get a m3 asap. or maybe you can cature a pirate m3 falcon. not the best choice but well.. (at least the standard pirate version has 130 vmax).

Vasquez
16.02.2007, 20:31
ok just checked. no cannons for m4s. go with the aplha PBks for the pirate buster version. dunno about SWGs. not my taste.

Vasquez
16.02.2007, 21:12
btw: Ive heaviliy expanded my fleet. sinza ftw =) also renamed and restructured it.

cruisers:

scharnhorst (titan)
gneisenau (titan)
bismarck (phyton)
tirpitz (phyton)
wallenstein II (phyton)
hohenstaufen (phyton)
frundsberg (phyton) - just waiting for weapons installed

destroyers:

prinz eugen
admiral hipper
admiral scheer (in production)
lützow (planned)
blücher (planned)

corvettes:

bayern (zentaur)
westfalen (zentaur)
schleswig-holstein (zentaur)
niedersachsen (nemesis)

carriers:

seydlitz (collosus)

seydlitz is carrying maximum fighters now (60):

jagdfliegerführer (a mamba for the Co and falke for the XO)
jagdgeschwader 1 (7xbuster)
jagdgeschwader 2 (7xbuster)
jagdgeschwader 3 (7xbuster)
erprobungsgruppe 200 (5x xenon L)
schlachtgeschwader 76 (9x falke)
schlachtgeschwader 77 (9x perseus)
gefechtsverband kuhlmey (9x nova)
aufklärungsgruppe (5x m5 harrier)

additionall fighterwings (rapid reaction force):

kampfgeschwader 54 (9x nova att. - with hyperjump)
schnellkampfgeschwader 101 (3x xenonLX and 2x falke att. - with hyperj.)

reserves:

a werkschutzstaffel for complex defence stationed in teladi profit (6x falcons - together with the corvette niedersachsen in this sector)

several more captured and repaired pirate falcons (but not equipped until needed) - around 10 or 12 atm.

also the destroyers are also carrying 2x falcons each for emergency katapultstart =)

Vasquez
16.02.2007, 22:08
*megaschind*

just found that (a announcement from today):

http://www.thexuniverse.com/viewtopic.php?t=2672

looks awesome.

90 new sectors :shock:

m0 mega heavy uber super battleships :shock:

long-range bombardement is also my taste.

and a lot more wars :twisted:

verse
17.02.2007, 10:23
Tach,

hab seit Ewigkeiten kein X³ mehr gespielt aber gestern damit begonnen. Sprich ich stehe ganz am Anfang. Im Moment drehe ich Touren zw. Erzgürtel, Heimat d. Lichts und Argon Prime um schnell an Geld zu bekommen.

Jetzt aber ein paar Fragen....vor allem nachdem ich gerade den Link von Vasquez gelesen habe.

1: Ist dieses XTended ein Mod? Wenn ja, funzt das auch dann, wenn ich schon mitm neuen Spiel begonnen habe oder nicht?

2: Sagt mir mal paar wirklich profitable Routen, die in der Nähe von Argon Prime sind.

3: Hab mit Händler gestartet und nen Schiff mit 3k Ladekapazität...in der Schiffswerft find ich nur noch Supertanker mit grösserem Laderaum, aber die kosten paar 100k und haben "nur" 10k Ladekapazitäten. Ist das die Max. Grenze?

Vasquez
17.02.2007, 18:11
hiho verse,

1: ja ein mod. muss aber gigantisch sein. warte auf den 0.7 release des mods dann lasse ich vanilla liegen. neu anfangen wird mann dann müssen heißt es, aber egal. vanilla wird einfach zu langweilig später wenn man sich alles leisten kann aber im prinzip nicht gefordert ist.

problem bei vanilla ist, dass krieg ehrlich gesprochen sinnlos ist. man hat rein garnichts davon die xenon oder khaak in deren eigenen sektoren zu besuchen.
und die xenon invasions sind auch im prinzip sinnfrei, zumal die nur stattfinden, wenn man diese "events" durch annehmen der mission (also das man helfen wird) triggern lässt. macht man das nichts bleibts friedlich.
die paar xenon patrouillen die so mal wieder rumkurven (maximalst eine korvette und 6 jäger) sind ja nicht wirklich furchteinflössend.

2: naja, bedarf an erz gibts recht viel in der gegenad. silizium und energiezellen auch. im prinzip an jeder menge mehr, einfach mal umgucken.

3: gibt insgesamt rund 50 versschiedene frachterversionen. maximal kapazität liegt so bei 13k iirc. mann muss zuweilen auch abwägen ob das lohnt. lieber bisl weniger kapazität aber dafür nen schnelleren frachter.
die paraniden haben einen (nicht in paranid prime soweit ich mich erinnere), der ist recht gut. bis 11k laderaum und noch 80 vmav oder so.

habe selber nur 2 oder 3 richtig dicke, der rest sind fast alles merkur.

elk
19.02.2007, 12:04
Hi verse,

to your #2 question, a few items

Cattle Ranch//Argnu Beef ---> Cahoona Bakery//Cahoona Meatsteaks ---> Hi Tech / Weapon Factories for example Cloudbase South East/Argon Prime

Energy Cells from The Wall, Ore Belt, Power Circle.

Satellites in Argon Prime, factories should be quite full in the beginning, sell to Trading Stations.

Boron space Kingdom End//BoGas ---> Rolk's Drift/Queen's Space//BoFu --> same sectors and other Boron sectors/Trading Stations/Factories

And buy Trading Extension as soon as you can afford, lets you see the prices in stations in a sector without the need to dock.

Would Vas be so kind and check the names for the wares, factories and commodities if they are named differently in german version, and translate if needed. I don't feel secure enough to do so :oops:

elk
19.02.2007, 12:44
gefechtsverband kuhlmey (9x nova)

8)

Quite impressive fleet you have. I on the other hand am proud of my newly formed 1st Fighter Wing (2 x Pirate Buster, armed with 4 x APPC, 2 x BIRE), haven't decided the final name for it yet :) Btw those pirate ships look cool, great paint job. But to arm those, now that was quite expensive, and I guess these were still one of the cheapest ones :P

There's an option for the ships Wingman Yes/No, is its only function to display the letter "W" on the various lists? I guess it means if you fly with a group then you can command them as a group. Have you used this function? And when you form a ncp wing, do you just select one ship to be the flight leader and jset the other ships to protect it?

Funny thing, I killed my first Xenons yesterday, took a "taxi mission" at Two Grand ED, the guy I was about to give a lift warned me about Xenons being after him and they might be in this sector. And they where, five of them. Killed two, then the rest must have jumped away as they where nowhere to be seen anymore. Might this incident have something to do with my visit to the totally empty (well except for a flight of 3 Yakis) Unknown Sector ( 2, 10) east from Patriarch's Retreat.

[edit]

Found an explanation for the wingman thingy from <this link (http://forum3.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=170515&highlight=wingman)>

Vasquez
19.02.2007, 19:11
all my fighters have the wingman mark yes.

if I operate them all in one sector flight leaders are useless of course.
I just have one (two) on my carrier.

usually I order the carrier fighters to attack all enemies or attack and land.

Ive very often a special wing one gate away and order them to attack a special target (takes more time of course until these guys have any impact).

The rotte on the destroyers are just there to protect their home ship once under attack.

As sector guards just fighters are useless btw. even 5 falcons or whatsoever will get raped by one or two pirate novas. the better strategy here is to have a corvette as sector guard with fighters ordered to protect the corvette. works far better.

i have decided to attack and occupy (or try to) a xenon sector next weekend (frundsberg and scheer are both finished as well). the one north from the sec. black sun to open a direct path to the split territory there. hope I can keep the xenons down afterward.

If I succeed to wipe them completely I will let a occupation force there and install as many turrets as I can.

Vasquez
21.02.2007, 20:31
Xenon Sector 472 occupied :lol:

My losses: One Battlecruiser (Bismarck) lost, Another one seriously damaged (Frundsberg - Hull down to 18% - repair Costs 60 million).

Fighter losses: 10x Buster M4, 3x Falke M3, 1x Mamba M3 (My jafü :? :lol: ), 1x Perseus M3, 1x Xenon L.

Enemy losses around 6 or 7 Cruisers (Xenon K), 2 Carriers iirc and around 50 fighters.

elk
26.02.2007, 12:12
My fighter wing keeps on getting bigger, I now have

6xBusters
1xHarrier Hauler
1xHarrier
1xFalcon

My freighters are

3xMercury L
1xCaiman L
1xToucan
1xIguana

The Falcon is not in a mint condition, to repair it costs around 2 mil (including weapons and shields), don't know yet if I'm gonna repair or sell it. Is it worth keeping in your opinion Vas?

I'm still exploring the x-universe and currently I'm flying in a Discoverer and a Pirate Harrier is my wingman. If there happens to be a bigger target than a Disco can handle, I just simply transport myself to the Harrier, and tell the Disco to dock at the nearest station. Love that craft, it has the speed and weapons are effective enough. I wouldn't mind bigger shields, but I can live with those. Well except when I'm alone and there are 6 or so Kha'ak ....

I intend to install the bonus pack tonight, does it change the game play much, meaning enemies become tougher and smarter or anyhing like that? And the gadgets that become available, are they hard to find?

Btw, if I haven't told yet, I got a new HOTAS joystick. The older one was X-45 and this new one X-52 Pro. And it is soooo smoooooth to operate compared to the X-45. I got a new set of pedals as well, also Saitek but haven't used them a lot yet. They work also in a smooth way, I should say more precise to use compared to CH Pro Pedals.

Vasquez
26.02.2007, 19:21
kepp those m3s, park them somewhere save, and wait till you have your own HQ to repair it (far cheaper).

no issues with the enemies with the bonus pack dont worry. and those tuning boxes are "hard" to find yes (time intense).

elk
01.03.2007, 08:50
It's game day 8 and the Bonus Pack is finally installed :)

You were right Vas about the Bonus Pack, at least the Station Manager is great. That is a smart one, actually far smarter than the standard one. With the old station support ship/trading system, ships were going back and forth all the time doing nothing when business deals went busted at the target facilities. At least with the sell/buy at best price option on. There are certain amount of issues with all the new commands, mainly from where to find them, but that's more like a personal problem :lol:

Set up a second factory, BoFu Chemical Lab at Kingdoms End, all the guides say it's the most profitable single factory/location combination. Next I'm gonna practice in making a complex, I have that Cahoona Bakery at The Wall, gonna attach a Cattle Ranch to it, which is rather cheap procedure.

What's the rate pirates abandon their ships in your game? I'd say every 5th in mine, got two more Busters yesterday and I ain't actively looking for a fight 8) Thinking about getting an M6 in the near future, quite versitile ship as it also can perform other duties than just fighting. M6 + 4-6 Busters should make an effective sector patrol, or what do you think?. I almost got the cash, but 1st I have to wait as my race reputation ain't high enough yet, hopefully not too long 'cause at least my Argon rep needs to go up only a few notches if I want to buy a Centaur. I have to wait a little longer if I want to have a Dragon (of which many say it's the best M6 available).

About the weapon configuration, is it wise to arm the AI flown fighters with all the possible and best weapons they can have, or just with a few? And if just with a few, is it better not to have those weapons onboard at all? Meaning if they are as cargo, does the AI install them all by itself.

elk
02.03.2007, 12:22
Now here's a link to something very useful

<egosoft forum: Frequently Un-asked Information: X3 (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=156356)>

Bat242
31.03.2007, 22:19
ich hab mir das spiel nun auch zugelegt, und ich muss sagen das ich als alter elite veteran am anfang doch leicht ueberfordert war ^^
Und ich weiss ums verrecken nicht wie ich herausfinde welche Güter wo teuer sind, also wie ich per Handel Kohle mache, bei Elite wurde das einem für die Systeme angezeigt, aber hier funzt das irgendwie nicht :>

nur kurze frage, spiel ihr das spiel auf "normal" also mit storyline, oder total random ohne story ?

Berserk4
01.04.2007, 17:01
kanst ruig mit storyline spielen , man mus da zwangsweise den anfang etwas machen und dan hat man auch seine ruhe und kan machen was man will und nebenher die story weiter

Bat242
03.04.2007, 18:27
also irgendwie komme ich nicht zurecht.

1. ich komme nicht zu geld, also habe ich mir gedacht das ich schiffe kapere und diese dann verkaufe...aber nirgendwo gibst feindliche schiffe, und wenn ich auf befreundete feuere bekomme ich von 10 oder mehr jaegern den arsch aufgerissen :>

2. Handeln funzt nicht da ich bis jetzt nicht rausgefunden was wo teuer und wo billig gehandelt wird, irgendwie bezahlt man ueberall den selben preis fuer die waren.

3. Sachen im schwarzen brett kann ich meistens auch nicht annehmen weil mir der rang dafuer fehlt, aber um rang zu machen fehlen mir die feindlichen schiffe :>..... ein teufelskreis

need help :>

OGGurke
04.04.2007, 07:27
Ist nicht ganz so wie in elite (obwohl beim Ur-Elite mußte man auch noch wissen wo es was gab und wo man es losschlagen konnte).
Preise fluktuieren ständig, je nachdem wieviel Voräte die einzelnen Stationen haben.
Bei X2 konnte man die glaube auch anfunken (oder war das wieder Elite?).
Auf jedenfall konnte man die Preise und Rohstoffmengen vom ganzen System einsehen. Konnte auch nette Handelsrouten innerhalb fliegen, Strom zu den Zuchstställen, die Viecher in die Fleischerrei und das Fleisch irgend woanders hin. Für die erste Kohle sollte das reichen.

Bat242
04.04.2007, 14:50
Bei Elite 2+3 konnte man die einzelnen Station anfunken und eine Preisliste anfordern. Allerdings hatten dort alle Stationen in einen System die selben Preise.
Man konnte aber wenn man sich ein System genauer anschaute sehen welche Waren dort teuer, billig oder verboten waren.

So langsam hoffe ich es in den griff zu kriegen, zur zeit wuerde ich mir gerne neue waffen kaufen. aber in bei manchen voelkern habe ich kein ansehen, und bisher bekomme ich nur ansehen wenn ich feinde in diesen sektoren abknalle, aber da gibst keine feinde, ergo auch kein ansehen, also auch keine knallpeng spielzeuge fuer mich :(